Wednesday, November 10, 2010

{blog love} retropolitan

I found my new blog crush while I was perusing through Tatertots & Jello's Facebook page. Erika does a fabulous job of recreating things with a vintage & shabby chic vibe! She offers some a-maz-ing tutorials on her blog: Retropolitan. There is a fantastic, anthropoligie inspired lamp tutorial that she gives that I am in the process of re-creating, but I am not going to show it on here in case the soon-to-be recipient sees it! I will however show a few of my other favorite things!

How to make new crates look old. She has images of crates stacked to be bookcases. How perfect would that be in Grant's downtown loft apartment??? I love it.


Canvas drop cloths are a cheap fabric alternate, and look at the cute pillows (above & below) that you can make with just adding some paint and a stencil!



I looked at some twine balls the other day in the store and they wanted $9.99 a piece. I don't think so! I am glad that there is a tutorial so I can make my own!!!

Enjoy!

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Amanda!!! You have no idea how flattered I am to have you feature my blog. Thank you, thank you. Oh, and I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete