Tuesday, December 21, 2010

{party envy} parisian baby shower

I want everyone to make sure they are sitting down before they look at these TO DIE FOR baby shower pictures. If you are reading this on your phone while driving (which I may or may not do from time to time...), please wait till you're at least at a red light. For those of you that may have seen this baby shower when it was originally posted back in May @ The Hostess With The Mostess, it is now time to enjoy it again! I fell in love with it back then and stumbled across it again recently. I decided to feature it since I have a blog now :)



Do you see this ceiling?!? Canvas and Canopy and Alchemy Fine Events are the master minds behind this very fine event. Playing off the word "shower", they hung parasols and vintage umbrellas at different heights to create drama. They also had strings of crystals to simulate rain drops. Sigh, sheer beauty.....


Here's the tablescape of the gorgeous dessert buffet. The color scheme included a pale pink, baby blue and onyx palette for baby girl on her way along with a Parisian circus theme to infuse the French influence of New Orleans.




Oo La La. . . Parisian patisserie. The desserts were placed on crystal & glass that let the pastel color palette really shine & added some glamour!


Here's a close up of more vintage desserts & the darling tags. I love the pop of black & white striped ribbon, very french! Tag love: 1. The words: Patisserie Tickets & 2. Great font!




Here's a closeup of some of the party decor. You can definitely win me over featuring elephants! My favorite animal--BTW. Anemones, peonies, and ranunculus were put to beautiful use in the centerpieces and bouquets around the room.




Isn't he amazing?!? He greated guests at the door. That is definitely a GREAT, unexpected touch.


I also want to gush about a great new resource I found through this party: Bella Umbrella. They have the largest selection of original vintage umbrellas from the 1930’s – 1960’s.


Just look at them:







These are definitely going on my wedding wish list!
Enjoy!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment